Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake (Easy, no bake recipe)


Welcome back to Tip Tuesday! Today's tip is a fun, easy, time saver for parties, birthdays and any special occasion warranting a special dessert (such as Tuesday for instance).



I love ice cream. I love cake. Ice Cream Cake? Even better! Your family is going to love this yummy ice cream cake and you are going to love that you can throw it together in 10 minutes flat with no baking whatsoever!



Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

Ingredients:

12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 tub of Whipped Cream
Magic Shell Chocolate
Chocolate or Caramel Topping

Optional:
Oreo Cookies (crumbled)
Diced Candy Bars (Snickers, Skor, Twix, Reese's, M&M's, etc.) For this cake I used a Snickers bar and crushed Skor bits. Yum!

Directions:

Begin by layering 3 unwrapped ice cream sandwiches on your plate or platter.


Next, alternate 3 more ice cream sandwiches going the opposite direction.


In between each layer, spread a thin layer of Magic Shell across the top of the ice cream sandwiches. This will become your "glue" to hold the layers together.



Continue stacking until you have reached your desired height. I chose to have four layers on this cake.


Spread whipped cream around all four sides. You don't have to be too neat about this. See...... easy!


Drizzle with chocolate (or caramel) topping, letting the topping run down the sides. Sprinkle with crumbled toppings.


Before serving, place cake in freezer for approximately 20-30 minutes to stiffen the cream up before cutting into it. You may notice my ingredients sat out a little long and are puddling at the base of the cake, but it didn't stop anyone from digging in!


Then sit back and watch the amazement in their eyes when they see you made them an ice cream cake!!! Maybe that mom of the year award might not be so elusive this year! You can serve this for the awards ceremony.

So there you have it! If you're looking for an easy, ice cream cake that will win you rave reviews, this is your gold mine!

Try it out and let us know what you think! What's your favorite quick, no fail dessert?

10 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and so easy to make! My kids would go crazy for this. Thank you for linking up to The Creative Exchange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO easy and tastes great! It was a big hit in our house with the kids and grandkids! Let me know if you give it a try.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your sweet words and for stopping by Cheryl! I'll stop by Tuesday evening to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ice cream sandwich! I love cake! I will absolutely love making this! It's really easy and being the bad cook/baker that I am, I think there's a good chance I won't fail in making this one. Thanks for sharing! - Ritter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is absolutely a no fail dessert! You will love it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. That has got to be the easiest ice cream cake recipe I've seen so far. I've tasted something like that once on a cafe and I've been looking for that delicious sweetness since then. Thanks to you, I've found the recipe that I've been looking for. I can't wait to try that out!

    Lisa Thompson @ Controlled Color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found us Lisa! This recipe is as easy as it looks and is so yummy! I love that you can personalize it with your own toppings too so you can satisfy that craving from that dessert you tasted in the cafe. I hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  5. OH! Great post..I was so impressed I've found this kind of blog..Thanks.

    Ice Cream

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly contact (paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..or Whatsapp +1 562 384 7738

    ReplyDelete