Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tip Tuesday




Hello friends! Welcome to Tip Tuesday where we share a tip or trick that we love. Some weeks it might be a kitchen tip, other weeks a home decor tip or an organizing tip.....anything we've found that's made our lives easier. How fun is that?

This weeks tip is a Pinterest fave! Seriously, I think Pinterest makes me better! Hear me out on this one. Yes, sometimes it can be overwhelming to see perfectly decorated homes with what looks like an unlimited budget, someone else's perfectly dressed and behaved children playing quietly with the homemade toy mom just "whipped up" this morning, the lavish breakfast spread to celebrate Groundhog day (doesn't everyone celebrate Groundhog day?). It can be a bit discouraging and sometimes feels like a reminder of all the things we're NOT doing. However, I have found a lot of things on Pinterest that have made my life easier. I try more new recipes. I've found beautiful, free printables for my home. I've read quotes that were just what I needed to hear. I've started more meaningful traditions and found out what works and what doesn't work from other families similar to mine. The trick is to take away what benefits you and not worry about the rest.

Today's tip is one of those where-have-you-been-all-my-life tricks. One of those I-could-kiss-you-on-the-mouth kind of tips. Life changing. I used to dread shredding chicken (and pork) and my arms feel like jello even thinking about it. But not anymore! Introducing........


Many of you may have already seen this on Pinterest but if you haven't seen it or haven't tried it yet, I am here to tell you that you need this in your life. IT WORKS! In seconds flat.

If you have a Kitchen Aid with a paddle attachment, you're in business! Cook your chicken as you normally would for the recipe you are preparing. While the chicken is still hot (this is important), place it in your Kitchen Aid with the paddle attachment.



Start your mixer on low, slowly increasing your speed to medium. I could try to drag this post out by giving you some other invaluable tidbit about this process, but really......that's it. Beat for approximately 30 seconds on medium speed.


Voila! The only real tricks are to shred while the meat is still hot (notice the steam in the above photo) and to watch your speed or else you will have shredded chicken in your hair. Don't ask me how I know. It may or may not go everywhere if you turn your mixer speed too high.

And there you have it. Perfectly shredded chicken in 30 seconds using your Kitchen Aid!




As I said before, I have also used this for shredded pork for homemade Cafe Rio Pork Barbacoa. It works just as effortlessly.




So thank you world of Pinterest for making my life so much easier!

Do you love Pinterest or does it make you feel inferior?

What have you found on Pinterest or elsewhere that makes your life easier? We'd love to hear from you in the comments!



5 comments:

  1. I love this tip - I spend forever shredding my chicken and this looks so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, you won't believe how easy it really is! Once you try it you will never go back! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this idea on Pinterest, too! It totally made prepping shredded chicken SO much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really a time saver isn't it Laura? I'm all for anything that makes my life easier! Thanks for visiting and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! We love to do chicken salads in the summer, but chopping it up always takes so much time. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete